Did you know…

**If you get health cover in your job, then you are more than likely entitled to tax relief back on the BIK (Benefit In Kind) paid over the past 4 years.  All you need to do is contact your insurance provider, and ask them how much premium was paid by your employer(s) each year, and forward that info on to Revenue.

Employees whose medical insurance premiums are paid on their behalf, by their employer, as a Benefit-in-Kind, will not have been allowed tax relief at source. To claim the relief due it will be necessary to notify your Revenue Office with the relevant details or by completing an annual tax return.

I claimed this myself recently, and it added up to a substantial cheque in the post!

More information can be found on Revenue.ie.